What's caught my attention?
These are the things I'm working on now, in no particular order. If my curiosities or priorities change, I'll update this page.
(Based on the NowNowNow Project by Derek Sivers.)
Updates: Feb 5th, 2017
- SF United and building a community of techies and charities that need tech help.
- Growth hacking for non-profits.
- Setting up Amazon Web Services for script hosting an automation.
- Early morning workouts at Mission Cliffs accompanied by a 20min sauna.
- Mid-way through Improv class and finding a lot of spontaneous play coming up in my interactions.
- Nerding out to my fitbit's heart rate and sleep data.
Charities I've recently sponsored
Recent media I recommend:
- What is a tracking plan and why you should care.
- Tools of Titans (Book)- Tim Ferris
- Autobiography of Malcom X
- Found my Fitness Podcast - Sauna Use and Heat Stress's Affect on Longevity
Updates: January 2nd, 2017
- Wrapping up the holiday season with a reflective trip to a cabin in the Sonoma Coast.
- Building mantras, habits, and goals for 2017.
- Rejoined a rock-climbing gym and started weight lifting at the end of the year.
- Had a great family cruise and remembering the value of spending time with loved ones.
- Embodying Play, Strength, Boldness, and Love.
- Starting 2017 off to be a huge growth year at Autopilot.
- Signing up for Salsa and Improv classes.
Media/Activities that influenced me in 2016
- Tony Robins Podcast
- Tim Ferris Podcast
- Found my Fitness Podcast
- Black Mirror TV Series
- Landmark Classes
- Salsa Nation & Epic Movie Music Spotify Playlists
Updates: June 26th, 2016
- Nerding out a LOT on the microbiome including: Clinical Grade Probiotics & Dietary Prebiotics.
- Wrapping up recruiting the next roommate to join our 9 bedroom community.
- Boomtrain moved to a new office, meeting neighbors from Paypal & Al Jazeera.
- Signing on as Master Tennant for a 15mo lease at Lochness community.
- Building new skills at Tech Shop SF for building my food computer
- Completing more video training to help marketers automate.
Recent Media I Recommend:
- Podcast: Found My Fitness - Ray Cronise on Cold Thermogenesis, Intermittent Fasting, Weight Loss & Healthspan
- Video: Billions in Change - Innovations that impact humanity powered from the profits of an energy drink
- Game of Thrones S06E09 - Battle of the Bastards, most epic battle scene.
Updates: May 15th, 2016
- Training for the San Francisco Marathon, just completed Bay to Breakers.
- Signed up for Landmark Forum in July as a Vipassana anniversary present.
- Starting to build a food computer based on the work of Caleb Harper - MIT Open Agriculture.
- Exceeded the half-way point of my project at Boomtrain, diving into more python projects.
- Collected ~$500 in donated goods for my Homeless Care Bags Project.
Recent Media I recommend:
- Video: This computer will grow your food in the future | Caleb Harper
- Audiobook: American Gods - Neil Gaiman
- Podcast: Tim Ferriss Show - Josh Waitzkin - The Prodigy Returns
- Posted my class on Meditation & Mindfulness:
Interests: April 09, 2016
- Hill running, check out my Strava and Hillest page. I've been increasing my milage to train for Bay to Breakers and San Francisco Marathon.
- Meditation and mindfulness. I've posted a class I taught at Boomtrain in SF here. Many thanks to Chloe Good for helping me put practice into action to improve my everyday accomplishments.
- Taking steps to improve the conditions of San Francisco homeless with groups like Marble Tree.
- HabitBull app for tracking new habits and squashing old ones.
- Temperatures exposure, namely cold showers.
- Looking back to my journals from a year ago living on Bueller and traveling. Attempting to journal more.
Recent media I recommend:
Interests: Dec 29, 2015
- Bringing the power of decisiveness to others.
- Morning Motivational Youtube, specifically Tony Robbins and Les Brown.
- Tara Brach's Guided Meditation.
- Building sustainable business cultures optimized for happy customers and employees.
Recent reads I recommend:
- Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins
- Food Rules: An Eater's Manual - Michael Pollan
- Jitterbug Perfume - Tom Robbins
- The Cook and the Chef: Musk's Secret Sauce - Tim Urban